Head of digital departments; Drupal, WordPress and Magento Developers, DevOps, Quality Assurance and Agile Scrum-master.
Responsible for overseeing technical aspects of the company. Working with the Directors to grow the company through the use of technological resources. Using an active and practical approach, to direct all employees in digital departments to attain the company’s strategic goals as established in the company’s strategic plan.
- Establishing the company’s technical vision and leading the company’s technological development.
- Directing the company’s strategic direction, development and future growth.
- Working in a consultative fashion with other heads, as an advisor of technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide leadership to department heads in a fashion that supports the company’s culture, mission and values.
- Conducting research and case studies on leading edge technologies and making determinations on the probability of implementation.
- Acting as a good steward of company resources and ensuring control of departmental budgets.
- End to end automation. BDD, build scripting using Vagrant, Ansible, Puppet and Chef, onto local development environments and AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, AMI, Route 53, EFS, Cloud formation). Horizontal and vertical auto resizing and load balancing. Jenkins, SimpleTest, Selenium, Behat, Cucumber and Gherkin. Rundeck automated deployment.
- Continuous management of security updates and maintenance of websites,
- Management of offshore teams.
- Hiring and firing of digital team, and external partners.